Send a payment link
Accept payments through payment links you send to your customers.
The emerchantpay virtual terminal allows you to generate a payment link you can send to anyone you would like to receive a payment from. Known as Pay by link , with this no-code integration you can securely accept payments without an online storefront.
To proceed with this solution, you must have an emerchantpay merchant account. Apply for a merchant account by filling out and submitting this contact form.You will be assigned an emerchantpay Account Manager, who will provide you with credentials and assist you with any of emerchantpay’s payment solutions.
The virtual terminal generates a payment link that is displayed in a Web Payment Form (WPF), an emerchantpay- hosted payment page .
To send a payment link:
- Log in to your Genesis merchant console.
Select Virtual Terminal from the main menu. You will see a list of payment methods and transactions that are enabled for your account.
Depending on your account setup, you may instead see the simplified Lightweight Virtual Terminal that contains only the Pay by Link and MOTO options.
- Select Pay by link in the Virtual Terminal window.
- Fill out the fields to generate the payment link.
- Generate link only — Generates a URL that you can send directly to your customer
- Send link by Email — Sends the payment link to a specified email address
- Send link by SMS — Sends the payment link to a specified phone number
Customise the payment form
The payment link that is generated uses the WPF that is configured for your Merchant account to gather your customer’s payment information. To customise the appearance of the payment form, including which fields to display, colours, and your company logo, see Customise your WPF.